Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Adoring Husband Rocks

I woke before my alarm this morning.

I was dressed for work 30 minutes early so I decided to check the pool water. It was perfect! I wished I’d checked it earlier because a swim would have been a fabulous way to start the day!

Adoring Husband dropped me at the shops so that I could have coffee with the girls while he went ahead and opened the shop and manned the counter for 45 mins. It would have been 30 minutes but I had to collect the mail and that took a bit longer than I expected.

While I was gone, he cleared the training room and folded the tables. Two of the workshop ladies picked up their paintings and customers actually entered the shop.

I arrived in time to serve the customers and after AH departed, I opened the mail, which was a box of hemp hats. 52 hemp hats ... because they gave us extra for free! I love bonuses.





The girls all came back to the shop after coffee, some of them having a little retail therapy, and I got goodbye hugs 🤗

The morning was incredibly busy, just like last Tuesday and I’m beginning to think that closing on Mondays has had an interesting affect on our sales.

At lunch time yet another stock delivery arrived, so I was busy checking that off. A gentleman came in for a chat - he’s a house sitter and will return in December to sit for 6 weeks - and by the time he left, I was rushed to empty the bins for bin night, finish setting up the training room for meditation, pack my stuff ready leave and get changed ready for hooping class.




AH came early to man the shop for the last ten minutes and then close for me so that I could head off to class. He even vacuumed the training room for me.

What would I do without him?!

It’s been 4 weeks since I hooped. I missed the last class and then The Gypsy was away for two weeks. Boy did my body feel it today! By the end of an hour, all my bits were hurting and I gingerly walked to the car park where AH was waiting to take me home.

I couldn’t even sit down when we arrived home because I knew I’d never get back up! I walked straight into the kitchen to prepare dinner. Spaghetti Bolognese with mung bean pasta. LOL yes you heard that right. The box of pasta was in amongst all the organic, GF food that AH’s son gave him to bring home after his visit to the Gold Coast.

He Manages a group of organic supermarkets, so we are lucky enough to be the recipients of some interesting produce after each of AH’s visits

The pasta really wasn’t bad. It’s not something I’d go searching for again, but it wasn’t awful.

Now I’m ready to watch some trashy “Love Island” TV before I head to bed.

Nite all.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Thinking of Jamies birthday tomorrow with love grannymus