Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 25, 2019

Abounding

I didn’t quite bound out of bed this morning.

By the time I went to bed on Thursday night, I felt a LOT off ... as opposed to the ‘bit’ off that I’d  felt for the rest of the day.

Thankfully, I got a good night’s sleep and woke feeling much better, especially to the sound of “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” on my alarm.

Not good enough to bound out of bed, but good enough to ride my trike in the sunshine.

Not good enough to start my day at the shop with a smile, (because of a fruitless search for Adoring Husband’s lost glasses that he had actually left at home), but good enough to set up the training room in preparation for the art class.

Not good enough to finish my day feeling abundantly successful, but good enough to fill it with smiles and energy.

Not good enough to attend the club tonight, but good enough to prepare a nice version of Hainan Chicken for dinner.

Now I’m off to bed for an early night and hopefully tomorrow will feel good enough to do ALL THE THINGS!

It’s the weekend and I hope that you all have a fabulous couple of days of rest. I know I plan to swim, soak up some sunshine, do some art, catch up on my studies and maybe attempt a little housework ... maybe lol.






Nite all.

No comments: