Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 21, 2019

Dramatic Start

Poor Adoring Husband.

It wasn't a good start to his birthday.

He went to work this morning and discovered a broken light above one of the shops with wires hanging down, which he was worried were live wires and he spent hours trying to get an electrician to attend.

It seemed like an impossible task because all the electricians in the area were too busy or out of the area!

When they finally arrived, even though the wires weren't live, the problem became more serious than first thought and now the task to complete the repairs becomes bigger than Ben Hur!

AH didn't make it home until after 9am.

Four hours wasted and the stress of it wore him out.

No birthday celebrations today.

A paleo pizza, beer and chocolate brownie slice with boysenberry ice-cream was the best we could do for the day.

No art.

No swim.

We did clear a lot of leaves out of, and from around the pool. That's the price we pay for choosing to have fruit trees (we have three) so close to the pool and these days with the big gusty winds, there's a lot of stuff floating around!

That's ok. I scoop out the leaves from the pool and AH vacuums them up from everywhere else.

Back to work tomorrow!

Best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: