Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 24, 2019

A Bit Off

That’s how I’ve been feeling today.

A bit off.

Low energy.

Foggy in the brain.

Aches in the body.

Little motivation.

I didn’t set up the training room.

I didn’t practice my art.

We closed the shop 5 minutes early ... with no last minute shoppers this time.

I tested the pool water but wasn’t enthusiastic for swimming (I know right!?).

I changed out of my work clothes and planted myself on the lounge chair. That’s where I stayed and where I am six hours later!

Lots of trash TV.

Adoring Husband had leftover beef casserole for dinner, which he reheated himself.

Now I’m off to bed to sleep off this funk.

Tomorrow I’m going to wake to the sound of my new alarm ringtone “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” and I’m going to start the day by bounding out of bed with renewed vim and vigor!

I’m going to ride to work in the bright morning sunshine and I’m going to fill my day with smiles and energy and then finish it with feelings of abundant success!

Are you convinced?

🤩😬🥳

Nite all.

No comments: