Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Whiter Shade of Pale

I dragged myself out of bed at 8.10am, had a quick shower, got dressed, prepared a beef casserole in the slow cooker, found some jewellery to wear, put on my make up, packed my bag and pulled out of the driveway at 8.55am.

We opened the shop and it was 9.03am when I sat at my desk and Adoring Husband went to get a coffee for me.

A very efficient use of my time and excellent team work between AH and I 🥰

After a nice steady day at the shop and a fabulously fast and furious surprise visit from my girls after they’d attended the lady’s lunch, Adoring Husband and I were attempting to close the shop 5 minutes early so that we could get into The Bay for an appointment.

As Murphy’s Law would have it, two ladies came rushing up the driveway frantically announcing that it wasn’t yet 3pm! They claimed to have missed opening hours on two previous visits so we welcomed them inside explaining to them that we had an appointment in The Bay and hoping that they would take the hint and not hang around too long.

Seriously, if you missed opening hours twice before, WHY would you come a third time with 5 minutes to spare?

TWENTY MINUTES LATER, one of them left empty handed. The other lingered another 5 minutes and made a $10 purchase.

Any other time, this would not have bothered me in the slightest, but they KNEW we had somewhere to go.

Ugh!

Anyway, our appointment was to select the size and colour of the plantation shutters that we received a quote for last Friday. We had to make the selection today so that they would be ready before Christmas and the shop closes at 4.30pm.

We had to collect our FROG box at Craignish on the way, so we were cutting it fine.

We made it in time and got to choose between five different shades of white! We are only putting them on the windows at the front of the house, so it’s not a massive job.

From there, I needed some bits and pieces for the next art class, so it was off to a couple of my art supply shops.

It was almost 5.30 when we got home. I unpacked the FROG box and sat down for 20 minutes before  feeling incredibly grateful for the slow cooker. I thickened up some of the sauce and served AH a giant bowl of beef and veg. A small bowl for me.

It’s now time to watch some trashy TV in bed before I drift off to sleep listening to my healing meditation.

Tomorrow I need to set up for the art class and mix up some paints and possibly even have another practice run in the training room.

Gotta be well rested!

Nite all.

No comments: