Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Kindness Matters

Adoring Husband was kind enough to open the shop and man it for thirty minutes while I had a coffee with the girls.

I told him to text me if customers came in and I would immediately return because I was literally just around the corner, but he chose to serve the two customers who came through the door during that half hour.

He’s a good man.

We had a big crowd of nine for coffee today and we were pretty noisy at the outside tables. Just like old times! As much as I was enjoying my time with everyone ...

I returned to the shop at 9.30am and the girls all came for a visit after morning tea at about 10.30am to check out the new stock.

It was a busy day in the shop with good sales.

Our Anabella Trends order arrived at lunch time ...


It’s a style straight out of the 80s and I remember wishing for a set like this when I had a young family but couldn’t afford it.

Now is my chance!!

There should be some more clothes arriving this week and I MUST order some more hats!

The day passed very quickly and I was worn out by the time I got home.

AH got reheated leftovers for dinner while I ate a mango 🥭

I’m currently watching trashy Love Island before bed.

I hope you all have a happy hump day!


Nite all.

No comments: