Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 7, 2019

It’s Time

My alarm woke me at 5.45am and surprisingly, I jumped out of bed quickly because Adoring Husband’s side of the bed was empty and I was worried that he had gone to work. Thankfully I found him sitting up in his chair in the lounge room.

I changed into some cleaning clothes and even though AH offered to drive me to work, I chose pedal power. The job didn’t take long and I detoured via the coffee shop to purchase our morning brews before returning home.

My day consisted of preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for AH, packaging the fresh bone broth and putting it in the freezer, getting clothes off the line and folding them, securing the inflatable Christmas decorations and putting all the cushions from the pool area into the outdoor kitchen just in case that nasty sounding storm hit, cleaning the kitchen and helping AH with the TENS machine.

We watched a lot of Netflix in between all of that. Christmas movies.

The weather, once again, was dreadful and too windy to enjoy the pool.

It’s that time of year when I’m ready to look back on what I’ve achieved in 2019, think about my hopes and dreams for next year and to choose a word to embody what 2020 will mean for me.

I haven’t done any of that yet, but that’s my plan for tomorrow. Sometime soon, I’ll also create a dream/vision board for next year.

Right now, I’ve just got AH into bed and I’m watching the movie “Oklahoma” on the Fox Classics channel. The movie opened with “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” which is my alarm song! Great songs and big name actors, most of whom have passed on now. I think Shirley Jones is the only main character still living and she is 85 yrs old now.

Anyway, I’m off to enjoy the last hour of the movie.

Happy Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: