Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Day Of Rest?

At 9.30am, Adoring Husband could not wait any longer and came into the bedroom asking if we could go get coffee.

Under normal circumstances, he’d have driven to to the shop at 6am and bought two coffees - one for me to reheat upon waking.

When we returned home, I received a phone call from Vegan Chickie and we chatted for about an hour.

AH’s need for lunch then had me in the kitchen cooking up some chicken and preparing a salad with a dish of fresh pineapple for dessert.

I went out to the pool area to make sure the filter was clear and picked up all the Bali grass that was lying around - and there was a LOT! These strong winds have been breaking the grass off the roof and making a huge mess!

I cleaned up the kitchen and while emptying the bin, the plastic bag burst open and I ended up with sloppy trash all over the floor. After much loud swearing and cursing, I cleaned up the mess and mopped the floor.

Ugh.

I put a load of washing on, cleaned some dog pee off the floor (psychotic dog Ruby can’t see well enough to find her way outside anymore, so she just squats in random places on the tiled floor) and I mopped up the hallway and a large area of the family room while I was at it.

At this point I decided to go for a swim. I knew that if I didn’t stop doing “the things” I would start feeling resentful, so some ‘ME time’ was necessary.

Before I could swim, I had to get all the lounge cushions and the throw cushions out of the outdoor kitchen (where we’d put them in case the storm hit yesterday) and set the lounge area up for use. It was also the only way I could get to the sound bar in the kitchen so that we could listen to music.

I didn’t get a lot of time in the pool and AH joined me, which was excellent for his back.

Ruby was crying loudly at the gate but ran away every time I opened it to let her in.

Frustrating!

Eventually, I noticed that her eye was a mess and she was scratching the back of her legs, so I left the pool and took her into the laundry to bath her with the special anti allergy soap and clean her eye. I figured while I was there I should bath psychotic dog Colli too.

After that, I hung out some washing and put on another load.

AH then appeared asking if we could go get our afternoon coffee, so I found something to cover my swimmers/togs/bathers and we drove to the shops where he then asked me to purchase some snacks aka fruit.

This annoyed me because all I was wearing was a sarong over my togs, my hair was wet and I had no make up! I was prepared to order coffee and hide quietly in a corner until it was ready. I was NOT prepared to walk through the supermarket for all and sundry to see me looking so disheveled!

We drank our coffee outside under the Bali hut, which was lovely. AH moved inside and I remained there for about 45 minutes until it was time to prepare dinner.

I had to set AH up with the TENS machine first.

More chicken and salad for AH and mushroom soup for me.

AH wanted me to set the Christmas decorations back up after we’d pulled them in yesterday when the storm was threatening, but I declined - they can wait til tomorrow!

I cleaned the kitchen and prepared dessert.

I need to get some decent sleep because I have to work for AH early in the morning and tomorrow is a half day retreat at The Gypsy’s house in Torbanlea, which I am really looking forward to.

I might even have a swim between work and the retreat.




Nite all.

No comments: