Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Tuesday Tantrums

Adoring Husband is still out of action.

At 6am I was pedalling to work on his behalf and from there, I rode to order our morning coffees.

When I got home, I took my coffee to bed where I enjoyed a lazy hour watching YouTube videos of art, until it was time to get ready for morning coffee with the girls.

Even though there were a few missing, it was still a good morning with the girls with some laughs, some whinging, some confessions and some holiday stories. We all visited The Happy Abode before going our separate ways.

I stayed for a little while with The Motivator and we talked shop for a bit, but I had a ‘to do’ list at home that I had to attack, so I did some grocery shopping and rode home to prepare some some lunch for AH.

After lunch, I cooked up the next three days worth of dog food for the psychotic dogs and batched it up.

The plantation shutters are being fitted on Wednesday so I had to clean the five front windows of the house in preparation for the fitting. I did not enjoy that job at all.

I hung a load of washing on the line and filled the machine with a large load of AH’s clothes.

I fed the dogs and then we drove to get our afternoon coffee.

I tested the pool water and strongly considered jumping in but chose not to.

I sat with AH until it was time to cook dinner.

The kitchen is still waiting for me to clear the mess so I shall sign off. It’s already 10pm so it will be late by the time I hit the hay.

I might get to play in my studio tomorrow 👩‍🎨

Nite all.

No comments: