Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 14, 2019

What’s Today?

Two people asked me today if I was enjoying my Sunday.

It’s Saturday! Don’t confuse me!

I was up early to work for Adoring Husband. The work is easy. The getting up early is the hard part.

I returned home with our morning coffees and AH thanked me for doing his job. He drank his coffee and fell asleep in his chair. An hour later, he woke up, thanked me for doing his job and asked if I’d forgotten to buy coffees.

Duffer.

So we drove to the shops and got more coffee.

I prepared some breakfast for AH and we decided to go for a swim before he lay down with the TENS machine.

Needless to say, he fell asleep for another couple of hours. Sleep is good for healing!

I had a few things planned for today, but motivation escaped me ... how unusual!

I did some more doodling with lead pencil...


... not impressive. I think I prefer pen for doodling and I prefer silence and solitude. Sitting beside AH and in front of the TV is not conducive to creative, imaginative artistry.

AH and I binged on some Greys Anatomy tonight. Series 14. We probably should have started at series 13 because it was tricky at the beginning to figure out what was going on.

I get to sleep in tomorrow *happy dance* but because I was so lazy today, I will have a lot to do ... like wrapping a stack of Christmas presents to send off on Monday morning, getting the pool area ready for visitors for Monday morning coffee and doing a touch of overdue housework.

It’s already after 11pm so I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: