Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 16, 2019

Wrapped Up

It has taken me ALL day to wrap all the Christmas presents, box them up and address them.

I had a couple of breaks in between to cook lunch and dinner and watch a movie on SBS, but I calculate that it’s taken a minimum 4 hours to complete this task. I’ve only wrapped the gifts that need to be sent in the mail so I still have more to wrap!

It’s almost midnight and here I am still sitting up doing my blog and thinking of what I have to do tomorrow morning before my girls arrive for coffee and a swim!

I’m feeling a bit peckish!

The movie that I watched was a claymation film called “Mary and Max”. It was released in 2009 and had the voices of Eric Bana, Ian Meldrum, Toni Collette, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Barry Humphries to name a few. It was a combination of weird, intriguing, sad, funny and relatable.

I can’t say that it was enjoyable, but it was thought provoking and meaningful and worth watching. I’d probably watch it again.

Enough of this frivolity.

I need sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: