Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 16, 2019

Morning Swim

After ten long days of pain (for both of us!) Adoring Husband returned to work today.

I would have enjoyed the sleep in but I had invited some of my tribe around for a pre Christmas morning tea and a swim, and because I dilly dallied yesterday with the gift wrapping, it meant that I had to get up extra early to bake some brownies and prepare the fruit platter, as well as clear the laundry for bathroom traffic.


I also bathed Psychotic dog Ruby again in her special shampoo to ease her grass allergy and to clean her weepy eye. Two loads of washing and a shower for me to wash away the dripping perspiration. It reached 35° here today, which is very hot for this neck of the woods.

Ironically there was no bathroom traffic and probably the reason everyone left so abruptly at noon - because their bladders were more than likely ready to explode!

It was a really pleasant morning with us all bobbing around in the pool for an hour chatting before Lady Lynn’s grandies arrived and livened up the energy. They showed off their swimming and diving skills, racing each other in the water and splashing around having fun, just as kids do.

They were a delight and their manners impeccable. They certainly warmed my heart when they each thanked me for having them over and letting them swim in the pool.

After everybody left, Adoring Husband joined me and we swam for a little while until we remembered the parcels that we had to get to the Post Office before 2pm to catch today’s mail run so that everyone would receive their gifts before Christmas.

There were ten parcels going to 6 different addresses and now we can’t afford to eat over Christmas! *joking*

AH was able to set up our Christmas inflatables on the front lawn again today. It’s a bit of a pain having to bring them inside when storms are approaching - especially painful when the storms don’t eventuate or skim past us! Storm season sucks!

😳

At about 3pm, my body decided it needed to rest, so I lay on the bed and fell asleep about 15 minutes later. Psychotic dog Jack woke me at 4pm with his psychotic bark which was aimed at nothing!

AH prepared dinner of lamb loin chops and fresh asparagus - both perfectly cooked and delicious - which he served to me in bed!

I am still in bed writing this post and thinking about my first day back at work tomorrow. I think I’ve only worked one day in the last two weeks! Crazy!

I feel so relaxed and happy right now. All is right with my world and I love my life.

Thank you universe for reminding me how lucky I am.

Nite all.

No comments: