Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Tennis Tragic

I apologise for not giving you my full attention, but ... it IS tennis season ... and you KNOW how it takes my attention away from everything except life’s absolute essential activities!

Essential activities such as toileting, cooking meals and going to work.

It was an especially slow day at the shop with just two good spending customers and two browsers for the entire day.

This gave me time to reduce my emails from 29,800 - ish to 7,400 - ish. Still a way to go! I receive approximately 80 emails per day. Some work related. Some study related. Some shopping related. Some health related. Some website related. Some art related. Some personal, from friends and family.

I don’t check them every day. Sometimes it’s three days until I check them and then I’ll just glance through to make sure there is nothing important that I need to tend to. So they quickly build up in numbers until the number is too intimidating to even contemplate.

As part of my upcoming “Happiness, healthiness and heartiness” course, I created this ...

There are other sheets to accompany this and I am gathering snippets of advice from different customers as they come through the doors - every little bit helps. My girls (you know who you are) will be the final ‘quality controllers, proof readers and advice givers” when I’m ready!

All the storms have missed us in the last few days, the weather has been oppressively hot with hot winds to match and our pool is like a warm bath. It’s gone beyond tepid and Adoring Husband loves it! It certainly does NOT do the job of cooling you down!

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde a Hair arrived home safe and sound 😊

The Motivator has finished her course and is enjoying some down time and being kind to herself. Her partner, The Fisher King, came for a visit today and told me about the dramas of juggling tides with the weather conditions while he attempts to make a living from fishing. So many variables involved to make a good fishing day.

Now it’s time to get back to the tennis. Fabulous Federer is into his third set now and I want to watch him win in the effortless and classy way that he always wins.

Nite all.


No comments: