Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 24, 2020

Weekend Warriors

Due to both expected and unexpected family commitments over the long weekend, my art class has reduced from “full” to just two participants!

I knew it was a risky move to attempt running a class on Australia Day weekend but there you go! The two ladies who will be participating are lovely so it should be fun and easy.

It was another slow day at the shop but I need to thank the women who are turning 40 and 60 this weekend because their birthday gifts have been of great assistance to our takings!

One of our customers told me about Serena Williams playing a good match at the Aust Open so I live streamed it on my laptop and got to watch the final set. What a great game by the girl Wang from China! She was a power house! The great Serena Williams is OUT of the Open.

I decided at the last minute to attend the club tonight and I’m glad I did because I had a nice win on the pokies and I won a pork tray in the raffles.

To top the evening off, I’ve watched the Aussie John Millman give Roger Federer a run for his money in their third round match at the Open.

They are currently two sets each and two games each in the fifth set. John has performed admirably but I have a sneaking suspicion that Roger’s experience will see him through to win. My fingers are crossed for John though.

It’s very tempting to go for a swim before bed tonight. It’s hot and muggy - still 27°C at 11pm.

Before I sign off I’d like to mention that my friend Les (aka The Little Gnome), passed away on Wednesday morning. He was a real character and will be sorely missed at The Seat of Knowledge.


Nite all.

No comments: