Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Weekend of R & R

Thanks to Adoring Husband for manning the shop while I ran the art workshop on Saturday morning, because we had a really enjoyable time throwing paint around and it ended up being a successful sales morning as well.

He had to call me out of the training room a couple of times but the ladies were fine with that, as was I and I got to chat with some of my favourite customers.

Being on my feet all morning, I have to say I was absolutely exhausted by the time we left the shop at 1pm so I parked myself on the couch and we binge watched Greys Anatomy until the tennis was worth watching. Adoring Husband NEVER thinks the tennis is worth watching, but he usually finds something else to keep himself occupied.

It’s only for two weeks 🤩

I received a lovely surprise today when Chicklet discovered my YouTube channel and sent me an excited message saying “OMG Bozzy Wozzy! No way! You have a YouTube channel! I’m dyeing!”

I put a video up 2.5yrs ago when Tracey and I made the decision to open The Happy Abode and the plan was to make progress videos as we went through the process of building and designing. Of course none of those videos ever landed on YouTube and I can’t seem to find the short videos that I took, so until I do, my fame and fortune will have to wait haha.

It was very nice in the pool today, as was sitting under the Bali hut eating hot chips from the cafe for lunch.

We watched a few of the new episodes of Grace and Frankie this afternoon, but that had to stop so that I could watch Ash Barty play her third round match of the Aust Open. Now I’m watching the Feds play his match. He had a bad start but is finishing well.

Monday morning I’m looking forward to an appointment with The Gypsy for a treatment. It’s been so long since I spoiled myself with a treatment.

I’ll catch up on some washing and tidy up my studio. Maybe I’ll even do some art!






I’ve made bone broth for the dog food and bone broth for me. I had to clean out a couple of drawers of the freezer to fit it all in, but some of that meat that I tossed had to have been in there for a good 5 years! I think it’s time for a massive clean out of our three freezers!

Not right now though. It’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: