Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Early Start

It was surprisingly easy to get out of bed early this morning.

I woke to the happy sound of “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” from the musical “Oklahoma” which is my selection for the alarm tone. Sometimes I just lie there a let the entire song play. Sometimes I sing along really loudly and very poorly. Sometimes I hit snooze just so I can hear it again in 9 minutes!

I arrived at the shop well before The Gypsy and opened up ready for the first meditation class of the year.

Five of our regulars from last year were absent but there were some newbies who rocked up and there were only 3 empty seats in the end!

It was an excellent class with great discussions and three silent meditations.

I was lucky to have a 30 minute session with The Gypsy after the class and then we chatted for over an hour, which is always great.

The day was very quiet as far as customers or sales are concerned.

I vacuumed and dusted, tidied the kitchen, decided to buy myself the lovely blue Serenade wallet and even got to do some more work on Chicklet’s dragon painting ...


I actually did quite a bit more after this photo was taken.

Adoring Husband ran some errands in The Bay and picked up my lovely lay by from Tinkerbells ...


It goes beautifully with my Larimar pendant and ring.

I checked the pool water when I arrived home but the weather has been so hot and humid, it was like a warm bath. Very unpleasant.

So I changed into comfortable clothes and rested my butt on the lounge chair to wind down.

I have to say that with the early start this morning and not having an afternoon coffee (I’m trying to cut back to just one coffee a day), I’m am feeling very weary and it’s not even 9pm.

I think I shall watch the Nadal match in bed.

Nite all.

No comments: