Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Unexpected That Was!

What an expected kind of day!

Now that all the holiday makers have left town, I expected that today would be completely dead 💀

I was very wrong!

It wasn’t busy, but the few who came in were ready to open their wallets.

Adoring Husband brought Psychotic dog Jack to the shop so that I could do a quick grooming job on him. We had an appointment with the vet in the afternoon, so we wanted him to look presentable. When I finished the hair cut, AH took him home for a bath, so he was looking spick and span for Dr Amanda.

Not long after he left, I had a new supplier arrive unannounced. He had a van full of clothes, jewellery, scarves and small gift ideas.

I didn’t have the time to see everything that he had to offer. His van was filled to the brim with bags and bags of goodies, but with February, our quietest month of the year just around the corner, there was no way I could justify a big spend today.

I spent an hour with him and purchased a few items of clothing to test the market. He was very pushy and tried his hardest to make me spend almost double the budget I gave him. I had to summon all my “power to discern” and put him in his place as firmly and kindly as possible.

I got the feeling that he was experienced at talking his way over the top of females and having his financial way with them. Even right at the end he tried to con a further $50 off me by offering a discount on something that I had culled from my selections.

After he’d left, I felt pretty good about my assertiveness and I did not spend a cent more than the budget I’d allowed.

AH arrived right on time with Jack and we got to The Bay with enough time to shop at HBW for the handled paper bags that we use at the shop and still were right on time for out vet appointment.

In the past, we’ve taken Jack to two different vets and a dog groomer to have his claws clipped and every time he has screamed like he was being tortured (that’s Jack, NOT AH 😝)

Today, we had warned Dr Amanda. We told her that Jack was old and cranky, that he would probably try to bite her and that he would scream while she clipped his nails.

He did none of those things.

He was nervous and trembling like a chihuahua, but gave her no trouble whatsoever. Jack clung to me the entire time, but she clipped his nails without a growl or a bite or a scream!

She is the dog whisperer.

She said that his heart is good and I showed her a video of Jack cramping. She had never seen nor heard anything like it and had no idea what would cause it. She thought about it for a while a thought of some possible reasons and we talked about how some additions to his diet might help, but at 15yrs of age (that’s 105 in dog years!), we need to expect the strange and unusual.

I’d been stressing about this appointment all day, so we left Passionate Paws feeling very relieved and very happy.

Right now I’m watching the end of the Djokovic vs Federer semi final match. I really like both of these players so I don’t mind who wins.

I’m ready to sleep now.


Nite all.

No comments: