Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 1, 2020

TM Returns

Adoring Husband and I have been binge watching Grace And Frankie all afternoon.

We’re becoming real pros at binge watching!

After a great day on Friday in the shop, a winning Friday night at the club, a nice sleep in on Saturday  morning because The Motivator had returned, I pedalled in the heat to the shop to catch TM up on what’s happening while she’s been away.

We had a nice couple of hours together and chatted between visitors and customers.

Then I reluctantly returned home on my trike in the heat of the day. The pool water was too warm for swimming so the only option was to eat an ice block on the couch in the air conditioning while binge watching something cool.

And THAT is the extent of my last 48 hours.

Oh and psychotic dog Jack had a nasty night of cramping so spent most of Friday night in our bed. Now he thinks he can spend EVERY night in our bed and is currently crying in the kitchen for us to go get him.

I’m NOT playing that game, though I’m certain that AH will weaken! I’ll keep you posted.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I have a stack of washing to catch up on, but I’m looking forward to a lazy day.

I also have to work on the dragon art because Chicklet’s birthday is very soon! This time nine years ago, I was packing my bags ready to fly to New Zealand for her birth! How time flies.

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: