Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 27, 2020

Self Caring

I had an amazing 2 hours with The Gypsy this morning.

An hour of counselling and an hour of combined Zen Shiatsu, Cupping and Bowen Therapy. I reckon I could have gone another hour. I had lots of knots and tight bits!

Of course I didn’t do any of the things that I planned in the afternoon. My instructions were to “rest” and “drink lots of water” so I had another afternoon binge watching Grey’s Anatomy and then spent less than an hour in the pool in the late afternoon before preparing to watch the tennis 🎾 tonight.

Nick Kyrgios put in a good effort against Nadal, but I think Nick’s five setter a couple of days ago took a lot out of him and he was unable to fight hard enough for long enough tonight. He ran out of both mental and physical energy.

Now I’m going to follow number three on that list and prioritise sleep. Bed time for me!

Nite all.

No comments: