Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Got it Done

I had ‘stuff’ to do at the shop today and thankfully it was quiet enough to do it but not too quiet to be a bad sales day.

The training room is now ready for our first day of meditation on Wednesday morning, which I am really looking forward to!

It was tricky finding spots for the artwork that still hadn’t dried from the weekend workshop because it needs to be where curious fingers can’t poke and prod - yes even adults have poking prodding fingers that can destroy a piece of art - just ask The Motivator about that!

Had some new stock arrive today and already sold three pieces - two of them before they even hit the shelves!

There were also some fun customers come visit during the day as well as a few of my girls this morning after coffee. That broke up the day and delivered a few good laughs.

It was a very hot and steamy day and there were many moans of pleasure from customers as they walked from the heat and humidity outside  into the air conditioned space.

The day passed rather quickly and while it was tempting to jump into the pool when I arrived home, the air conditioning inside was way too nice to leave.

Instead, I did a load of washing and watched a couple of quiz shows before preparing duck with sweet potato and salad for dinner while watching the Feds win his very long tennis match against an unfamiliar (to me) American?

I’m now watching Djokovic, but I think I’ll retire to the bedroom and watch the last of his match in bed. Hopefully he will win quickly but he is having problems with his contact lenses in the third set, so he might not win this one as easily as he did the first two.

I also have some homework from my counselling session that I need to complete so I’ll do that in bed too. That will be a good way to finish my day.


I am a good listener 🤗


That last one is for everybody, but especially the Garden Guru!

Nite all.

No comments: