Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Early Start

I was up n at’m bright and early this morning and arrived for my coffee date at about 8.20am.

Aggie arrived just after 8.30am and The Motivator dropped by for a quick 15 minutes before opening the shop and then The Brains Trust and The Blonde Bombshell were the only others to join me.

It was a fun morning and they got me up to speed on how the “celebration of life” weekend in Bargara went. Sadly I missed out on that one, but time with Bubbles was more important for me because I’m lucky if I get to see her once a year.

Time with my kids is rare and precious.

After much laughter, some deep discussions and sharing of weekend stories, we parted ways at about 11am.

I picked up the mail and delivered it to the shop intending to also clear the training room in readiness for meditation on Wednesday morning, but TM was in deep discussion in that room with a customer, so I waited for a while and then announced that I would return in the afternoon.

When I returned home I packaged up the bone broth that I made for the dogs in the slow cooker overnight and put it in the freezer. I did two loads of washing and decided to not eat lunch.

At 2pm I got ready to head back to the shop and between AH, TM and I, we made the training room presentable for meditation.

I browsed the new stock that TM ordered and which arrived today.

Dinner tonight was crispy skinned duck breast with cauliflower, garlic and avocado purée (which I created out of my imagination and it was delicious!).





Now I’m feeling weary and I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: