Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 9, 2020

Fretting For Bubbles

Bubbles flew home this morning.

The psychotic dogs are fretting over her disappearance.

She spoiled them rotten. Fed them from her plate. Allowed them to sleep in her bed every night. Carried them and cuddled them constantly. Included them in all of her “at home” activities.

Now they’re lost and alone.

Come back Bubbles!

She joined in the art class again on Saturday and acted as my personal assistant ...


It was a really enjoyable class with three new ladies in attendance. I believe that two of them may have been bitten by the bug and will be heading home after their holiday to buy up big from their closest art supply shop!

It was a fun group who all enjoyed experimenting with colours.









It was a full three hours and I needed a nap after lunch, as did she!

We spent Sunday playing trivia, Yahtzee and card games with a roast lamb dinner.

I was sad to say goodbye to my girl this morning, but all good things come to end and there will be another holiday soon I hope!

Adoring Husband and I bought lunch at my new favourite shop in Pialba before doing a small shop at Coles - and by the way, not a toilet roll to be found!

Because of a restless sleep on Sunday night, I napped for about an hour this afternoon. I think I needed more 😳

Psychotic dog Jack has been cramping all day so AH is feeling stressed.

We took Ruby to the vet on Thursday for an allergy shot and she is a new dog! No more uncontrollable scratching and she is full of beans and wanting to spend time with us again. Thank goodness.

Now it’s almost 11pm and I’m off to bed. I hope to see the girls for coffee in the morning.

Nite all.

No comments: