Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 6, 2020

Slower Day

I took it nice and slow today.

I stayed in bed until about 11.30am.

That time was spent being very productive though and I wrote out 4 pages of info to share in tomorrow’s art class and watched some instructional YouTube videos just to make sure my knowledge was up to date.

After that I did some washing, cooked some lunch and then gathered all the art supplies together that I needed to take to the shop.

Adoring Husband dropped Bubbles and I off at the shop so that we could set up the training room for the class.

The Motivator had already set up two of the tables so Bubbles and I set the other two tables up and found all the tools and resources for each place setting. At this stage, there will be 8 in attendance, including some newcomers! It should be a good class!

I spent some time catching up with TM and checking out some new stock and we returned home some time after 4pm.

AH cooked up a quick dinner for himself and Bubbles, while I made a smoothie - celery, cucumber, spinach, apple, carrot, mint and coconut water for my dinner. Of course I ended with a less healthy dessert of choc chip chocolate ice cream.

Only three more sleeps until Bubbles flies home so we need to make the most of that time. She will join the art class tomorrow and I’m not sure how we’ll spend Sunday yet.

It’s time for me to get some sleep so that I can be clear headed and arty farty tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: