Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Feeling My Age!

Tuesday, after morning coffee with the girls, I returned home and cleared the art studio so that Bubbles and I could create some art. It took a while to clear, but eventually she decided to try the sky view beach scene so we did these ...





I was exhausted by the end of the day and in bed by about 8.30pm.

Wednesday was an early start and we drove to Childers for breakfast at Kape Central. I was hoping for GF waffles but they don’t make them anymore ☹️

Of course, when you’re in Childers, you simply MUST visit the shoe shop!



Adoring Husband very generously purchased these for me.

The Bird Sanctuary was our main headline for the day and we really enjoyed the fabulous interaction with the bird life. We fell in love with the black cockatoos and the different parrots that followed us around the grounds.

I got sucked in by what I thought was a solo brolga in a field. I very slowly worked my way towards it taking photos every few steps in case I frightened it away. When I got within about 20 feet away, I suddenly realised that it wasn’t real and when I walked up to it, discovered it was a statue set in a concrete block!







It was both embarrassing and hilarious! Those photos are still in camera.

It got very hot in the afternoon and although it was difficult to say goodbye to our new friends, we were heading home by 1.30pm, but we had to drive to Craignish to collect our FROG box on the way home.

By the time we arrived home, we were all worn out! Adoring Husband was so exhausted, he went to bed before 5.30pm.

Today, Bubbles and I had our day together in The Bay. We were going to have pedicures and manicures, but changed our minds and decided to get our hair done instead. We walked in to the salon in Pialba called Haircorp and asked for a shampoo, a treatment, a scalp massage and a blow dry.

They were quite busy but had 4 or 5 staff working so they squeezed us in.

My attendant’s name was Heidi and I loved her so much, I took her name and private number - she ran a holistic healing centre in Broome and Gold Coast and has her finger firmly on the pulse of everything regarding physical, emotional and mental healing. Our conversation was rapid fire and I felt a real connection with her.

I hope to invite her to The Happy Abode to run one of my health and wellness classes this year. She was fabulous!


I discovered my new favourite food place at the Su Jus Bar. Oh the healthful goodness of it all! The coffee superb, EVERYTHING GF, the bread to die for, the cakes divine. I am going to be their new best friend!

I did not buy shoes.

I got soap, nail polish, 2 books about crystals, a top and some canvases for the next art class.

Adoring Husband was shocked that I came home with only one bag!

I did bring home a selection of cakes from my new favourite food shop and we placed a candle in one of those cakes and sang happy birthday to me!


Now, once again, I am exhausted, so I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: