Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 2, 2020

Need a Holiday

I need a holiday to get over my holiday and I’ll need another holiday to get over Bubbles’s holiday!

After a solid two hours at Eumundi Markets on Saturday morning where I bought two necklaces, a ring and two tops we drove directly home and arrived at 2.30pm.






I immediately unpacked my entire suitcase, giving Bubbles a parade of my holiday purchases. I still haven’t done my washing from the holiday, but aside from that you wouldn’t even know that I’ve been away!

My first day at home was spent in bed til late morning and then ‘in’ and ‘around’ the pool with Adoring Husband and Bubbles. It was nice to be home again.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed. It was nice to sit in my comfortable lounge chair.

We had a great holiday and for me, it probably needed to be a couple of days longer because we didn’t get to IKEA which I was most looking forward to and I didn’t take my camera out once - if we’d made it to the zoo, I could have practiced my photography. Even our river cruise was washed out.

Having time away with AH was really special and we indulged in choc chip gelato in a GF cone every day! I think I only had one disappointing meal for the entire week, so our record of finding great food remains pretty much intact.

Today was a day spent in The Bay with Bubbles and AH.

At Bubbles’s request, Time Zone was our first port of call and we spent an hour and a lot of money playing mindless games there. Sometimes it was fun and funny. Sometimes it was disappointing.

We decided on Salt restaurant at Peppers resort for lunch. We all ate delicious healthy food. I selected the quinoa salad with pan fried prawns, AH chose seafood scallops and prawns while Bubbles had grilled fish, chips and garlic bread.






We all spent a couple of hours at Stocklands helping Bubbles choose some new work outfits. I found some new PJs at KMart and AH did some grocery shopping while he waited.

It was well after 4pm when we made our way home and I was feeling absolutely exhausted!

Bubbles and I played some Yahtzee and then made up a card game that we played until I conceded that bed was calling me.

I’m worn out!

Before I sign off, I’d like to mention that BGWLBH’s Mum, Margie, passed away last week. I’ve known Margie almost as long as I’ve known BGWLBH, so 30+ years of rarely seeing eye to eye and sharing some cheeky banter between us, but It was her time and she is in a better place.

RIP Margie W.

Biggest love and warmest hugs to BGWLBH. See you soon.

Nite all.

No comments: