Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 28, 2020

Final Day

We squeezed a lot into our final day - including a morning nap for Adoring Husband and an afternoon nap for me.

The Mooloolaba Spit was our lunch destination and ‘Fish on Parkyn’ was our restaurant of choice.





On the way there, I discovered my new favourite shop and spent about 30 minutes browsing. I could have spent two or three hours easily because it was a treasure chest of awesomeness!

I bought two pairs of the same shoes, one black pair and one red pair. I wore the black ones tonight and they are sooooooo comfortable and for high shoes, very easy to walk in.


I also found a small silver glomesh clutch.


I definitely needed a nap before our big date at the racing track. 

What a fantastic night we had! Buying the temporary ticket to the members area was SO worth it. We had a perfect view of the finishing line, were in air conditioned comfort, had access to the main restaurant and the food was amazing, no queue to place bets and great service over the bar as well as in the restaurant.










I was so excited about the main meal (I had the chicken), I forgot to take a photo!

It was a wonderful four hours and we finally won on the last race of the night.

Adoring Husband is now snoring loudly in the bedroom so I shall go place a pillow over his face (joking of course) so that I can get some sleep. Tomorrow morning, we pack up and leave. On the way home, we’ll stop in at Eumundi Markets, so there is still something to look forward to at the end of our holiday.

I think I’m done for the day. 

Nite all.

No comments: