Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Bit Late

Here we are on our holiday week on the Sunny Coast.

The trip here was just horrible with the weather turning bad between Tiaro and Gympie. In some places, the road had huge streams of water flowing in the tyre tracks because the rain was so heavy.


The car aquaplaned a couple of times, so we stopped at a servo and waited for the rain to ease.

All we could have was a coffee while we waited because there was nothing gluten free on their menu.

After about 30 minutes, the rain had eased enough to make a move, but all the way, in patches, the conditions were difficult to manage.

We used the satellite system as our navigator, which took us to the completely wrong destination and the lady at the reception desk said that there are three locations that satellite systems go to for their address and people get lost all the time. We didn’t feel so stupid after that.

The lady at reception was just lovely. So warm, friendly and welcoming.

We found our room car space way down in the bowels of the earth and then brought all our luggage to our apartment via the lift but then the electronic key did NOT work so Adoring Husband brought our reception lady up and she showed us that it DID actually work. 🙄

In our defence, the handle does ‘stick’ a bit.

We were very happy with our apartment ...







... we dumped all our gear and headed out to check the nearby restaurants. Eventually we chose the fish and chip place because they catered to our dietary requirements and we had the choice of battered or crumbled fresh fish.

After such a stressful trip here, we decided to get takeaway and eat in our room on the first night and the food was absolutely delicious!!

Of course, I did squeeze in some retail therapy before the shops closed ...


It was lights out by 10pm but I was awake again by 2am and did not get back to sleep. I always struggle on the first night out of my own bed.

By 3.15am I was sitting in the lounge room feeling sorry for myself.

At 5am I was watching the runners from my balcony as they jogged in the pouring rain without any protection.


At 5.30am I was noticing people parking their cars and walking across the road in the direction of our building, then leaving 5 mins later with coffee in their hand. If I wasn’t so lazy, or worried about disturbing AH, I would have got dressed and gone in search of said coffee!!

It’s now 6.40am and I’m hanging for some caffeine, so it might be time to disturb AH.

I’ll be shopping this morning and sleeping this afternoon!

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: