Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

5 Things

Five things for which I’m grateful today:

  1. Morning breathing exercises to free my mind.
  2. Seeing the beautiful smiling face of my friend in the flesh - brief though it was AND without the usual warm hug.
  3. Fresh sweet juicy pineapple.
  4. Regular pics from Vegan Chickie sharing her family life during self isolation.
  5. Some new ideas for some art to try - even though I didn’t get to do it today.
I watched some YouTube videos to get some ideas for art and I really love one of the octopus paintings and a beachy flip cup pour so they’ll be my first attempts this week.




The octopus is by artist Ashley Kreiger from USA. She travels with her family around US finding inspiration for her art and she has a few different styles that she teaches via YouTube.

The other one is by a lady from the Sunshine Coast, Julie Cutts, who has a YouTube channel and runs workshops at her home in the mountains. I was hoping to participate in one of her workshops when Adoring Husband and I were on our holiday, but the only one she had running was on the day we left.

I’ll aim for Thursday to attempt these paintings.

I’ve also decided that once a week I’m going online to buy something hand made (in Australia). It’s my way of helping to support creative Aussies during this stupid pandemic, especially since the markets can’t operate.

Melissa Shipway on the Sunshine Coast was my first choice. Her website Bombtrinkety is here

I’ll put most of my purchases away for birthday and Christmas gifts.




It’s almost 11pm so I think I’ll head off to bed.

Nite all

No comments: