Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 17, 2020

Winning!

We went on a toilet paper hunt early this morning.

By ‘early’, I mean that we were at the first supermarket by 9am.

We needed to buy in bulk for the public toilets (which are supposed to be for the shop workers and not actually the public), but replacing a minimum 4 rolls every day means we need a LOT.

Not a roll to be seen.

Next stop HBW.

Not a roll to be seen.

But they pointed us in the direction of G D Products who are suppliers for hospitality, catering and cleaning where we were able to purchase 1 (only) packet of 48 rolls.

Whew!

We drove to Go Natural and bought some organic vegetables, coconut water and chicken feet among other things and then we scuttled home.

Two hours.

That was the most eventful part of our day.

The remainder of the day was filled with eating and Grey’s Anatomy.

I started my octopus painting on Thursday and it’s obviously a work in progress, but let’s keep an eye on the progress and I’ll put pics up every time I add some more. No judgements until it’s finished!


Now I’m yawning and it’s not even 9.30pm yet!




Nite all.

No comments: