Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 11, 2020

More for Immunity

Despite what “they” told us for decades, fats and oils are vitally important for strong immunity and health.

Fat is the most concentrated source of energy - more than double that of protein or carbs.

The brain is 60% fat.

Fat carries the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E & K and aids in their absorption in the intestines.

Fats and oils to avoid are soybean, rapeseed, sunflower, canola, rice bran, cottonseed and margarine. One of the many reasons to avoid them is because they use short chain alcohols like methanol, propanol and isopropanol to process them.

If you want to know more about the process ... Fats and Oils Industry

The good fats and oils (excluding food sources) are:


  • Coconut Oil:  The coronavirus is a lipid-coated virus that pegs out in the presence of medium-chain triglycerides–and coconut oil is our best source of these healthy fats.
  • Saturated Fats: Coronavirus has an affinity for the lungs, and the lungs can’t work without saturated fats, so eat plenty of butter and avoid all industrial fats and oils.

  • Excellent food sources of healthy fats are:
    • Avocado
    • Eggs
    • Fatty fish like salmon, sardines, trout, mackerel and herrings
    • Nuts (not peanuts or cashews which are legumes) almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamias, brazil and hazelnuts to name a few
    • Chia seeds (29g contain 9g of fat)
    There were two people from Burrum Heads confirmed with Covid 19 on Wednesday so we need to remain vigilant. This is not a rumour, but straight from the horse’s mouth.



    It is midday as I write this and I’m about to get out of bed (yep still in bed researching lol) and make some lunch, which includes a green smoothie for me. 

    I can’t decide whether to binge watch some more Grey’s Anatomy - I am up to the middle of season 5 and there are 17 seasons all up - or do some art or perhaps some much needed housework! Maybe a swim?

    It doesn’t matter much does it? I like the breezy life that contains no real responsibilities or expectations.

    I’ll add more tonight.

    Well, you guessed it. Grey’s was the order of the day. It was harrowing! It was the season where Izzy Stevens got her brain tumour and George O’Malley died

    007 *gasp* IT’S GEORGE!!! John Doe is George!! John Doe is George!!

    😒😭😭😭😒

    I am emotionally exhausted 😩

    So it’s bed time for me.

    Nite all.

    No comments: