Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 6, 2020

The Sunshine Vit

When I first moved to QLD, 12 years ago, I was very ill with hyperthyroidism and vertigo.

My weight had dropped so rapidly that my muscle had wasted away and I needed assistance to stand up.

The Doctor wanted to remove my thyroid, which I refused.
The Doctor wanted to inject my thyroid with radioactive iodine, which I refused.

I agreed to take quadruple strength medication for a short period of time to level the thyroid hormones, followed by normal strength medication until I decided to stop approximately 9 months later.

My thyroid readings were normal the last time I had blood tests which was about 5 yrs ago.

When I was sick, I had a chronic Vitamin D deficiency, which the Dr told me was common with any serious illness. Vitamin D keeps your immune system strong and fights diseases and viruses, so if you are deficient, you’re ability to fight illness is reduced.

Vitamin D helps your body create ‘cathelicidins’ which are an anti microbial, which helps destroy microbes by disrupting their membrane.

Incredibly important to reduce your chances of contracting Covid 19.

The Vitamin D - antimicrobial peptide pathway and it’s role in protection against infection

Or go to pages 19 - 23 for the summaries


Much easier to read ...


Foods that provide Vitamin D are fatty fish such as salmon and sardines, beef liver, egg yolks and mushrooms.

Natural sunlight is the best form of Vitamin D - just don’t get sunburn - especially if you’re prone to skin cancers or melanoma. It’s worth noting that healthy doses of natural sunlight will also help your body fight off these cancers.

Vitamin A is also important for helping your immune system function at its best. It maintains your body’s natural defences, like the mucous barriers in your eyes, lungs, gut and genetals which trap bacteria and other infectious agents.

It helps with the production and function of white blood cells - which help capture and clear bacteria and other pathogens from your blood stream.

That’s it for your immunity lesson for the day!

I’m about to post on The Happy Abode’s Facebook page that we will begin phone sales/transactions for local customers and then provide a ‘knock and drop’ service for people who want to buy from our page. So keep an eye on the page.

I’m off to binge some more Grey’s Anatomy!

Oh and Adoring Husband wanted me to add a disclaimer. He has NEVER slapped me up the back of my head, has never WANTED to slap me up the back of the head and never will slap me up the back of the head.

Nite all.

No comments: