Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 10, 2020

Worth a Try

Let me make this clear ... I am NOT a Trump fan, by any stretch of the imagination!

However ...

The advice he has taken on, and shared with the world about Hydroxychloroquine has some merit.

LA doctor seeing success with Hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid 19

Obviously, we don’t have access to this drug, but the next best option to help in our fight against the virus is 150 ml (that’s half a small bottle) of tonic water which contains quinine (apparently Schweppes is the best) along with 50-100mg of zinc.

The quinine acts as a transport chain to allow nutrients to get into the cells.




Zinc helps develop natural killer cells that fight viruses.

So even if you only have a cold or seasonal flu, this is an excellent remedy to help your body put up a good fight.

As you see, it is after 1am as I post this.

While I attempted an early night last night, I was awake 2 hours after falling asleep listening to Adoring Husband’s seasoned snoring. I even recorded it, much to his horror and as much as I’d like to share the recording here, I will spare him the embarrassment - even though I’d like to punish him!

I was awake from 12.20am until 3am.

I’m attempting to return to my pre-isolation bed time routine but at this rate, it might take some time!


Nite all.




No comments: