Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Rules Don’t Apply

Obviously, the people of Hervey Bay believe that the Covid 19 protocols don’t apply to them.

People standing in groups chatting in the walkways of Stocklands.

Whole families of 5 & 6 strolling through the plaza and supermarkets, no gloves or masks or using the sanitiser available.

Very few people sticking to the ‘distance’ rules in the supermarket aisles.

People picking items up and replacing them on the shelves.

Nobody standing on the markers in the checkout queues.

The Centrelink queue at 10.30am stretched almost to the corner but there was no distance between any of those people.

The traffic was really busy and even the carparks were much fuller than I expected.

Apparently, there will be police presence at the supermarkets on Thursday because the day before Good Friday is renowned for being crazy at the best of times.

We had to take psychotic dog Ruby into the vet to get her allergy injection at 10am. We arrived 10 minutes early and I took her in on my own and I was sitting back in the car before 10am.

From there, we were on the search for some toilet paper to replenish the stock at the shop toilets. Despite our valiant efforts, we were, once again, unsuccessful!

We were able to buy enough meat to make up the dog food for the next couple of weeks and a few other essentials.

We were home by 11.30am and I opened The Happy Abode for a local person to make some purchases for birthday and anniversary gifts.

There’ll be no Grey’s Anatomy tonight because there have been too many 2am bed times and I can feel it catching up with me.

It’s 9pm and I’m off to bed!

My score was 7 😋

Nite all.

No comments: