Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Not a day off.

Bob Dylan’s latest. I’ve never been a Dylan fan, but this says a lot - as it should because it’s 17 minutes long! It went straight to number one on the charts in the US and it’s his first ever number one hit!



Today, Adoring Husband and I drove to the shop at 10am.

I checked the post office and there was a parcel from Cenzoni containing wallets and phone cases so I priced and displayed them.

While we waited for the first possible delivery, we put the new signage on the A-frame sign and cut out one of the decal signs for the windows.

The delivery arrived and it was another box of vegan leather bags, wallets and cross body bogs. I priced and displayed them. Some rearranging needed to be done to fit them all in.

We put the cut out decal on the door and it looks great.

The second delivery hadn’t arrived by 1pm so we decided to call it a day and head home.

I had a visit from The Fairy Queen who appeared at the door and I surprised her by opening it. That was a pleasant surprise and a nice break in an otherwise busy three hours.

It was nice to come home and sit down.

I did some book work, registered as a stockist with my favourite deodorant people, checked my emails and cooked duck breast with leftover roast veggies for dinner.

It’s now well after midnight and I do not feel the slightest bit tired!

I’ve smothered myself with sleepy essential oil to no effect so I might need some meditation to take me over the edge to some deep sleep.





Looking forward to morning tea with the girls tomorrow so I’d best sign off.

Nite all.

No comments: