Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Energy Plus

My brain has been fed an overload of vegetables tonight.

Potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, turnip, carrot, onion, capsicum, tomato, garlic, broccoli, green beans, zucchini and chilli.

Plenty of healthful goodness very much needed by both of us.

Disappointing news today that a Hervey Bay business has become another economic victim of COVID 19 and made the decision to close.

Su Jus Bar Lifestyle Cafe in Pialba, which was one of my faves, couldn’t withstand the financial blows that the pandemic social distancing rules threw at them and with a heavy heart, made the decision today.

Bugger.

I spent the entire day in bed. The first half of the day watching art videos on YouTube and working out what to do in the next workshop and then the second half of the day studying and adding more to my e-course.

I only got out of bed to cook dinner and watch Big Brother!

Today would have been my Mum’s 80th birthday. I wonder how she would have celebrated had she reached this milestone? I reckon she would have been a mean, cranky little octogenarian and would’ve booted COVID 19 fair in the butt!


I’m expecting some deliveries at the shop tomorrow so I’ll have to go in on my day off and wait. Deliveries come at two different times of the day. Mid morning and then just after midday so I might take my studies with me and be somewhat productive while I’m there.

The alternative is to open the shop and take advantage of the school holiday crowd.

I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.


Nite all.

No comments: