Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 4, 2020

A Long Day

It was incredibly busy in the shop today ... mostly with tyre kickers, so sales were below average.

For the first time in 5 months, the Howard (a town 29 minutes from here) markets opened today and apparently there were huge crowds there. Quite a few of my tyre kickers explained that they had spent all of their money at the markets.

That’s okay because now they know where Roz’s Happy Place is for the next time they come to town and they will also tell other people where I am too!

Adoring Husband arrived before 1pm to help me close the shop so that we could drive into The Bay to run some errands. A couple of late customers delayed our plans but we eventually escaped.

I visited my favourite Office Works and bought some office stuff including a frame to put my business registration certificate in so that I can display it on the wall of the shop.

We purchased a little tray stand to place the bottle of hand sanitiser on inside the door of the shop. The bottle is currently in a position that makes it awkward for my customers to access it so this should remedy that.

I picked up my new shoes which I’d ordered and paid for last week (which reminds me, they are still in the car!)

AH attempted to fill a prescription at the pharmacy, but the pharmacist didn’t have any of his pills. It took 7 phone calls to find the last bottle available in Hervey Bay! So AH had to drive across town to get them while I grocery shopped in Coles.

It was about 4.10pm when we began driving home directly into the sun which was a bit uncomfortable.

We stopped at my shop to collect the cash tin and my laptop. We’d left them behind figuring they would be safer in the shop than in the car while we shopped.

There was messy smelly dog induced grossness that I will leave to your imagination, awaiting our arrival. It was well over an hour before we could sit down to an easy dinner that took me ten minutes to prepare.

We watched the footy and came to bed early - but now it’s late and I’m exhausted!

Being the middle of the school holidays, I was thinking about opening the shop for a while tomorrow, but right now, I feel that a day in bed might be my reward for a busy and productive week.


Nite all.

No comments: