Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Just Hit Me

It was such a good day!

Meditation was fabulous.

Time spent with The Gypsy was quality, enlightening, cathartic and mindful. I love her.

One of my deliveries arrived and the products were pre-priced so I didn’t need to spend time on that mundane task. I also simply added them to an existing display. Easy peasy.

Sales were good and the customers were lovely.

Adoring Husband was the perfect assistant.

I was able to bank some cash ... and pay a bill.

I left the shop at closing time feeling very chilled and relaxed 😎

I arrived home and immediately changed into my ‘slobbadog’ clothes so that I could bathe psychotic dog Ruby and tend to her eye.

Then I relaxed on the couch with a delicious GF raspberry and white chocolate muffin that came in the FROG box today.

I made some rissoles and salad for dinner.

5.30am was when my eyes opened this morning and it’s now 8pm and I’m longing to put my head on the pillow because the weariness just hit me.

More stock arriving tomorrow and maybe I’ll put some more signage up.



For now, I’m done.

Nite all.


No comments: