Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Feeling It

I am, this evening, feeling my age 😳 👵🏻 👩‍🎨

I spent the morning mixing paint and pouring medium for the art workshop and I had my own practice run before the class started.

It was a very slow morning in the shop but the last hour certainly made up for it, so I’m happy with the outcome.

Two people dropped out of the workshop, one without contacting, which was disappointing, but the three who attended were fantastic and it made for a really fun afternoon.

We began by practicing the chain pull method and creating butterflies 🦋 and then each of us chose a different image to create with our chains.





Everyone seemed happy with their finished canvas and declared that they would return.






It was 4pm by the time the space was cleared and clean enough that I felt comfortable to leave it. We came directly home and I got started in the kitchen.

I knew that if I sat down, I’d never get back up!

Red chicken curry with rice and the GF pide bread that we got through the FROG box last week. We ate early - a bit after 5pm - and I planted my butt and waited for my body to seize up, which it did!

We are both exhausted, laying in bed watching the football on Adoring Husband’s iPad, although AH fell asleep before the first half was even finished.

Sunday will DEFINITELY be my day of rest.

Before I sign off, I want to mention Happy Harry struggling with his health right now. We are all thinking of him and hoping he reaches the best care soon and recovers quickly. Stay strong Lady Lynn and remember we are here for anything that you need. Big love.

I am now done for the day.

Nite all.

No comments: