Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Wearily Happy

Did you know that Australia is the seventh largest land mass on planet earth?

Largest to smallest world land masses.

I didn’t!

The information in this link might come in handy for future trivia nights!

My early start this morning for meditation was a fizzer because the Gypsy’s car broke down halfway between her house and the shop so meditation was cancelled.

Instead, I offered the ladies tea and coffee and a chat. The room filled with a dozen loud, laughing, chatty women who all hung around for almost two hours. It was a fun morning and some of them even did some shopping 🛍






My day was pretty steady and sales were good. I paid some bills and spoke to the Real Estate about the new lease. Again, the day passed quickly.

Adoring Husband visited his Dr to discover that he has gained too much weight and needs to lose it!

AH was also late to pick me up.

I didn’t do anything after I arrived home and even reheated leftovers for dinner.

Still weary.

Still happy.



Nite all.

No comments: