Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 26, 2020

Quick Trip

I awoke as Adoring Husband left for work at 5am.

This equated to 5 hours of sleep.

It’s not enough for an old working girl.

AH washed the shop windows this morning and helped clear all the empty boxes out of the shop and into the bins.

I finished setting up the training room for the art workshop, put out the last of yesterday’s new stock, decluttered most of the storage cupboard, paid more bills, made a shopping list for our trip into The Bay, put all of the invoices into the individual supplier folders and listened to a VERY chatty customer for a whole hour as she talked about the most depressing subjects imaginable.

She was a visitor to town. The only reason she stopped talking and left the shop was because I started packing up!

It was a dreadful day for sales 🤭

AH arrived twenty minutes before closing time to help me close up and we left the shop right on 2pm for our shopping trip.

I picked up my new watch from the jewellers. A H was kind enough to pay the balance ...



A visit to my fave, Office Works. Then to Spotlight for some art supplies. I went to Kmart for some silicone mats but the shelves were bare. Then I found some navy shoes, but they didn't have them in my size, so the salesperson phoned the Maryborough store and I made the purchase over the phone and they’ll bring them over next week some time.

I have no photo and can’t even find them on their website.

More art supplies from Heaps Discount and finally we made our way home.

Considering all that we did, arriving home before 5pm was pretty good going.

We are both exhausted and ready for bed before the second footy game has even started. Tomorrow is going to be a big day working from 9am until around 4pm with the workshop starting after we close the shop.

So it’s good nite from me.

Nite all.

No comments: