Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Ermagerd

When Pete Evans agreed to be interviewed by 60 Minutes, he had two conditions.

1. That the interview would be conducted by Liz Hayes (because of her reputation as a respected journalist).
2.  That he could film the entire interview which was 90 minutes long! (Very clever of him I thought)

60 Minutes took approximately five minutes of those 90 minutes to edit him into their story and try as Liz might, she could not hound him into saying anything for which they could crucify him.

If you’re interested, here is the complete interview.



Today, Sunday, has been both satisfying and exhausting at the same time for Adoring Husband and I.

We installed the new clothing racks on one wall, reorganised some display shelves and displays and did some heavy duty dusting and vacuuming. There is still much to do and we are a work in progress but with small steps it will all come together eventually.







We want to enjoy the process, not burn ourselves out trying to do it at fast speed.

After four hours, I was feeling very weary and my body gave me notice that it was time to stop!

So I did.

We did.

AH plans on clearing the storage area in the shop tomorrow. I’m not sure if I’ll assist in this chore or not. I think I need a day of rest because the last couple of weeks have been huge.

I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

Right now, I’m watching Big Brother and then I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: