Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 7, 2020

After Rest Day

Haha 😂 it wasn’t really that bad. I just loved that meme and wanted to use it.

Adoring Husband set up the tables in the training room for me this morning and I spent parts of the day setting each place with silicone mats, canvases, tools, cups etc ready for Saturday’s class. I still have a bit to do tomorrow before the class begins, like mixing some paint, filling the heat guns with lighter fluid and straining the floetrol.

I made the decision today to clean the table that displays the snap button jewellery. That ended up being an epic job! I don’t think that table had been properly cleaned in a year or more!

The dust was thick under the jewellery so I polished the table and put a cover on it, placed 4 colourful plastic drawers across the back of the table and filled them with just about every piece of jewellery that had been stored under the counter.

This leaves space to bring the extra snap buttons across to the drawers under the snap button cabinet. I’ll have six spare drawers under the other counter cabinet. It feels good to declutter.

It was a good sales day and I had a visit from Aggie which was nice too. Another customer came in wearing clothes that she’d bought from me the day before just to show me. That’s happened three times this week!

Thankfully AH cooks dinner on Friday nights so I was able to put my feet up and relax ... after I had gathered everything from my art studio for the class, getting my clothes off the line and getting changed.

I had to empty my second batch of chicken broth before I came to bed and got 15 containers into the freezer. Even though I forgot to add the chicken feet with the carcass, it still tastes delicious and I can’t wait for my morning broth tomorrow.

My nutrition for the day: lemon water, filtered water, broth, coffee, a mandarin, 3 chicken wings, strawberries, banana and regrettably, some cream. Dairy, among many other things, is not my friend. The discomfort was short lived so not a huge issue, but I’d like to avoid that in future.

We’ve had some glorious rain this afternoon and evening. The forecast is for more over the weekend and we desperately need it. Don’t you love that fresh rain smell??




Best get some sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: