Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 8, 2020

As Predicted!

I posted a meme on the shop Facebook page this morning with the comment “Rainy day sales will be through the roof and the art workshop will be a blast and a half”.

I was correct on both counts!

It was a busy, productive and fun day - my lower back pain is the proof of it!

I finished setting up the training room, mixed the white paint, strained the Floetrol, prepared the fruit and tea/coffee, served the customers and ran the workshop.

It was a great day!

Even though three people had to cancel, there were still 5 in attendance and they were all hilarious and committed and creative and amazingly helpful in the cleaning up process at the end of the day. They all booked their spots in the next class so more fun will be had.


Here is some of their art ...













Not as messy as last week!

My nutrition for today: lemon water, filtered water, chicken broth, coffee x 2, a slice of watermelon, 2 strawberries, baby spinach, tomato, onion, mushroom, cucumber, avocado, beetroot, chicken thigh, sweet potato, GF ice cream cone with coconut ice cream - both still full of sugar but we HAD to try it! No nasty affects but not a habit we’ll take up.

I bathed psychotic dog Ruby and did a small load of washing before sitting down to enjoy Super Saturday football.

I prepared dinner while Adoring Husband slept soundly on the couch.

We came to bed to catch the end of a good old John Wayne movie “Eldorado” and now “Guns of The Magnificent Seven”. They remind me of Dad - he always liked a good cowboy movie.

I plan on spending most of my Sunday in bed. I may have to hold a ladder for AH while he trims a hedge and I’ll change the bedding while I’m up, but that will be the extent of my physical productivity.

It’s going to be a lovely cool morning and a mild day.




Nite all.

No comments: