Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

My Cup Runneth

I almost broke records today!

Meditation was another full house.

Afterwards, eight of the ladies bought coffee and returned to the meditation room for a chat and a catch up. They stayed for about an hour and there was lots of laughter. It was a great welcome for a newbie to town and she’s keen to become a regular.

My membership list is up to 25 and climbing.

The Motivator and The Fairy Queen popped in and created their own private fashion show which I would have thoroughly enjoyed if those pesky customers hadn’t been so annoying! 🤪

The Real Estate rep dropped in my new lease and sadly, the rates bill along wth it.

I did some filing - I’m pretty impressed with how I’m staying on top of the filing. Talk to me in three months and we’ll see if I’m still being consistent.

I priced the remaining stock that arrived yesterday and displayed it.

I planned out the rest of my week and filled my diary. Made a ‘to do’ list.

I contacted Vistaprint about my missing business cards. Hopefully they’ll arrive soon!

Customers filled the rest of the day, including one who whirled through the door wearing a complete linen outfit which she purchased from me last Friday and she looked AMAZING!

Adoring Husband arrived right on time to help close the shop.

My nutrition for the day: lemon water, coffee, a chilli chicken wing for lunch, a pork sausage with sauerkraut, baby spinach, cucumber, beetroot, tomato, avocado and onion. Dessert was fruit whip of pineapple, banana, dragon fruit, coconut cream and maple syrup toffee.

I currently have a chicken broth brewing in my 6 litre slow cooker.

1 chicken carcass
6 organic chicken feet (if you can’t get chicken feet, use two carcasses)
1 brown onion cut into quarters (not peeled)
1 carrot chopped into chunks (not peeled)
1 celery stick chopped into chunks
6-10 garlic cloves chopped but not peeled
1 Tablespoon of Himalayan salt
A good splash of apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
Chuck all the ingredients into your slow cooker and then fill with as much filtered water as the pot will hold. Set the cooker on low for 12-20 hours. I always cook for 20 hours.

After 20 hours, I scoop out as much broth as possible, without disturbing the meat/veg, into cup sized containers - it’s a beautiful clear golden colour - then remove the veg/meat and pour the remaining broth into cup size containers to freeze - this will be cloudy and less pretty to look at, but still delicious. I usually get 14 cups out of one batch of broth.

I’m looking forward to a fresh cup in the morning!

If I was a caterpillar ...

It’s well after 11pm so I’d best get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: