Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Rest Day

I’ve decided to give myself one lazy day in the shop every so often where I don’t research or order stock or clean anything or set up for classes or create ads or design newsletters or FB posts or do the books or file paperwork or pay bills or do the banking etc

I decided that today would be that lazy day.

Today, I dealt with a possible new supplier who only uses the phone to send photos of their stock. I find that a very strange concept and I’m not sure that I want to do business that way. What do you think of these?














That’s not everything they stock. I’ll think on it some more. I’m also happy to hear your opinions.

I sold a lot of snap buttons and snap jewellery today so my afternoon included restocking the trays with buttons. It seems my stock of snap “stuff” has reduced considerably so that goes onto my growing list of “reordering”.

The pre-loved clothing is also flying out the door!

There was a procession of people from the caravan park today. As each returned to their van, they told a neighbour about the shop so the neighbour came in, then they returned and told someone else ... and so on. Almost like a tag team situation!

Did I mention that I have a full class for the art workshop on Saturday? Two people on the waiting list in case anyone drops out. I love it.

I filled 15 containers with the finished chicken broth this afternoon and filled the slow cooker for another batch. Adoring Husband presented me with a full cup of fresh broth straight from the cooker this morning and it was divine!

I used one of the containers to make a gravy with spring onions and mushroom and the leftover pork sausages. It was really nice.

So today’s nutrition, see above and: lemon water, filtered water, bone broth. Two chicken wings. Coconut yoghurt with strawberries and banana.



That’s it. Time for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: