Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Perfect Sunday

Remember the Twilight series?

The books/movies about Bella Swann and her relationships with the vampire Edward and the wolf Jacob?

Well, the writer of those books has just released a new book called Midnight Sun and while the first series of books were told from Bella’s viewpoint, the new book is written from Edward’s viewpoint.


I purchased the book on Audible with one of my free credits and listened to the first chapter this morning. It was like playing the movie in my head again but knowing the reasons that Edward said and did everything.

The book is 26 hours long by narration so I’ll need to pace myself!

My Sunday was, as almost always, spent in bed.

I designed a new sales sheet for the shop, which was frustrating because I used an unfamiliar program  and it took a bit for me to figure it out. I still didn’t perfect it, but the sheet is usable.

I did some fresh COVID-19 research.

I listened to a meditation from The Gypsy and followed that up with some written and action work from her books.

I watched some YouTube news videos and art videos.

I got out of bed to briefly become Adoring Husband’s trades assistant while he attached some timber pots to the outdoor tables, after which I returned to my bed haven.

I played some games and hung around in Facebook for a while, until it was time to prepare dinner.

My nutrition for the day: lemon water, filtered water, chicken broth, coffee, the last GF cone with coconut ice cream, pork loin chop, mushrooms, onion, garlic, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, snap peas.




Got a big day planned for tomorrow so it’s sleep time for me!

Nite all.

No comments: