Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Broke a Record

Not me.

Psychotic dog Jack broke the record.

Remember how psychotic dog Colli had 9 teeth removed?

Jack had TEN teeth removed!

$850 later 😳

Lucky it was Dental Discount month or it would have cost almost $1300! She clipped his nails for free too.

Jack is much happier, is drinking easily and ate two meals tonight! No cramps so far but he’s only been home for 5 hours.

Even though Adoring Husband was feeling stressed when he dropped our boy at the vets this morning, he was feeling a lot better with the outcome of Jack’s treatment when he picked him up.

I rode my trike to work this morning with the rear basket full of my wheelie case which contained my laptop, my iPad and notebooks and paperwork, a bag full of the cash tin, my lunch and my water bottle plus my handbag.

It used to be so easy to pedal that trike ... like ... no effort at all! Today, after more than a year NOT riding it, I struggled! My butt kept sliding off the seat, my right knee felt under pressure and I felt a little bit puffed when I arrived at my destination!

Back when I was riding regularly, I was obviously fitter than I realised.

It was a great day of sales AND I sold a piece of my art!! My seahorse ...


for $140.00! 🤭

Weirdsville huh?

I paid MORE bills (they seem to be never ending).

My business cards FINALLY arrived ... the first box got lost in transit, so Vistaprint had to make some more and send them express post.

I stapled a heap of cards to the small handled bags.

I’ve ordered postcards from Harvey Norman to put on the large bags.

I sent through the ads for the local newsletter and at the last minute created a half page ad for the journaling classes and even set a date!


I had an interstate customer phone and ask me to find her a stack of silk scarves - my usual supplier has no silk scarves anymore, so it was a task and a half to find some at a reasonable price and it took me a good 90 minutes including sending numbered photos so that she can easily select the ones she wants.

I closed the shop on my own and collected our ordered meat from the butcher before finally pedalling home after 4pm.

Jack got most of my attention for the first hour and AH offered to cook dinner which I gratefully accepted.

Tonight I’ve watched The Bachelor and Celebrity Gogglebox. Now we’re catching the end of the football and I’m happy because I tipped Melbourne Storm to win.

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: