Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 14, 2020

Making Sense

As some of you well know, I have never ever been a fan of Alan Jones. I have found him to be divisive and bigoted, misogynistic, cruel and a hypocritical.

Right now though, for the first time, he is speaking my language and as much as it irks me, I totally agree with his stance on this so-called pandemic.



I have made a LONG list of all the ‘things’ that just don’t make sense, but I’m saving that list for another post which you can either open your mind and read OR choose to ignore, which of course, is your right.

I’m going to slot some short videos of Drs, scientists, nurses and frontline workers into my blog every week or so, just to give you a taste and perhaps show you a different perspective to what mainstream media are forcing down our throats.

Here is the first and it goes for three minutes ...

Dr Tamper of Nebraska

It was another great day at the shop for me today.

Even though I haven’t had a chance to even browse through it, my “Cleanse to Heal” book arrived in the mail today and I hope to spend some time reading it in bed on Monday.


There were lots of customers today, half being tyre kickers and the other half gladly opening their wallets. This week has seen lots of snap jewellery going to new homes, mostly to returning holiday makers who purchased some this time last year.

Aggie came for a visit and we stood and chatted for some time ... when I SHOULD have invited her to sit! Sometimes I’m too vague for my own good.

I sold some more art - not mine this time.

I banked some cash - wahoo!

I’ve made an extensive list of suppliers that I want to order from in the coming months.

I ordered some new stickers and created a new banner to replace the one near the butcher.

I printed some postcards to cover me until the new ones arrive.

My last customer left at 2.55pm and Adoring Husband and I packed up in a flash so that we could enjoy some down time at home.

Instead, I spent quite some time trying to get psychotic dog Jack to take two lots of medication with his dinner. Every time he yawned, he shrieked a little because obviously his mouth is still a little tender after his ten extractions.

Hopefully he will improve rapidly - as long as I can trick him into taking his drugs every day 😳

AH cooked dinner and I prepared dessert.

My nutrition for today: water, lemon water, chicken broth, coffee. Chicken wings, tomato and avocado. Chocado - avocado, natural dark chocolate, coconut cream, maple syrup blended and served with a mountain of blueberries and strawberries, sprinkled with flaked almond maple toffee.

I bathed psychotic dog Ruby’s eye this evening before climbing into bed to watch the footy and now I’m listening to AH snore his head off beside me.

AH is attending the SES First Aid training all weekend so I’ll be fending for myself.

Work in the morning followed by a Women’s Healing Retreat in the afternoon and on Sunday a fabulous lunch to look forward to. Monday will be my day of rest.

Just before I go ...


Have a great weekend!

Nite all.

No comments: