Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Vet Check

Another full house for meditation and for the second time in 3 weeks I had to sit with my chair outside the training room door!

There were a couple of regulars missing too so I’m thinking that while we have social distancing requirements, we’ll soon have to start taking bookings otherwise we’ll be turning people away.

It was a great class and 8 of the ladies bought a coffee afterwards and made themselves comfortable for a girlie session in the room. They reluctantly left at around 10am.

It was another average day of sales, just a touch better than yesterday.

I paid the Men’s Shed for the sign they made for my wall (yet to be attached) and for the three planter stands that I sold for them.

I paid The Jewel for another two of her pieces that I sold.

I paid a supplier for an order.

I cleared the kitchen of all the art resources that had been washed on the weekend.

I made up a sign for the front door to explain why I closed the shop early.

At 2.30pm Adoring Husband arrived with psychotic dog Jack, who was obviously feeling very skittish in this unfamiliar territory.

We closed the shop at 2.30pm and headed in to Passionate Paws in The Bay.

Jack has been struggling to drink water for about five days. Every time he takes a mouthful, he jumps away from the bowl, circles it and then tries again with the same result.

He wasn’t eating much either so I assume that he has a problem with his teeth.

Because he couldn’t drink enough water, he has been dehydrated which causes severe cramps.

I explained all of this to Dr Amanda and she attempted to check in cranky Jack’s mouth, but he snapped at her and then tried to climb into my arms.

He is now booked in for 8.30am tomorrow for whatever dental work is required plus claw clipping. Lucky for us, it’s “Dental Discount” month with the vets! Today’s visit was a free consultation but the rest of it I calculate will be around $600+

I’ll be riding my trike to work because AH has to be at the vets right on opening time to drop Jack at the vets AND right on closing time to pick him up and bring him home.

I was so thankful that I’d cooked the chicken last night. I heated it up in some home made gravy and served it with cauliflower, broccoli and mashed sweet potato. Watermelon for dessert. That, along with lemon water, broth and coffee was my nutrition for the day.


I’m feeling very weary now so ...

Nite all.

No comments: