Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Non-stop Tuesday

The cold weather certainly slows down the paint drying process.

Seventy two hours after we finished our workshop on Saturday and four of the pieces were still so wet that they had to remain on a flat surface for all of today and by 3.30pm, two of them were dry enough to lean against a wall. I’m hoping that the other two will be dry by tomorrow.

Adoring Husband and I cleared a space in the training room for morning tea with the girls. There were five of us around the table but lots of interruptions for me, with customers, someone picking up their art, the fruit and veg man, a gentleman looking for The Motivator and a woman wanting a vest.

The girls and I planned a lunch date and they all streamed out the door by 11am.

I received a call from a new supplier and I ordered some designer socks!

One of my consignment ladies popped in so I paid her for the three items that I sold for her.

I finished transferring my sales info to the new sales sheets.

Then it was time to properly clear the training room and set it up for meditation. It was quite the task, but I had most of it done by the time AH arrived to help me close.

Sales were average today.

We stopped at the butcher and chose lamb loin chops for dinner as well as a whole chicken. We have to take psychotic dog Jack to the vet tomorrow after work. I baked the chicken tonight so that I don’t have to spend long in the kitchen if we get home late tomorrow.

My nutrition for today: lemon water, chicken broth, filtered water, coffee. 2 lamb loin chops, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, onion, bacon. 2 strawberries.

It’s now late and I have an early start. Sleeeeeeeep time.


Nite all.


No comments: